Villa Marine Holiday Apartments
YORKEYS KNOB BEACH (10 mins north of Cairns)
Villa Marine Holiday Apartments at Yorkeys Knob Beach, Cairns, is just 10-15 minutes drive from the Cairns City Centre. We are an ideal Cairns base for bird watchers. Stay on the doorstep of Cairns and be located so close to birding hot spots.
Villa Marine has Cairns only Trip Advisor Platinum Eco Rating & has been awarded Best Standard Accommodation for the region 3 times. Even National Geographic has stayed here. Enjoy our quiet, peaceful rainforest frontage location with only 9 affordable self-contained Villas of varying sizes to suit all budgets.
Villa Marine is in a unique location for birders & nature lovers with rainforest and wetlands adjoining us and its just a 50 metres walk to a beautiful beach for swimming. Cattana Wetlands is amazing wetlands with bird hides and is just a 5 minutes drive from us or enjoy great bird watching, just a 5 minute walk away at Yorkeys lagoon with over 100 recorded bird species. Stock up on free maps, bird lists, book your Cairns tours and get local information about birding in the Cairns region at our famous onsite Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre which has one of the largest tour choices for the region. Our Visitor Information Centre is open to Visitors and the public.
Utilize our local knowledge, with 18 years experience, we can help you direct you to the best birding locations in the region. Pick up a free copy of bird trails here along with all other birding information or stay in our award winning self-contained holiday accommodation by the rainforest and wetlands.
Drop in, phone or email us and we will assist you.
- Quality: Rated Top 10% of hotels in the world, TripAdvisor.
- Very Affordable: Awarded Best Standard for the region, TTNQ.
- Eco Accommodation: Platinum Green Leader, TripAdvisor.
- Convenient location: 10-15 minutes from Cairns.
- Quiet peaceful location: Facing rainforest, wetlands, 50 meters to beach.
- Self-contained Villas: 9 only ground floor villas.
- All unit sizes to suit all budgets.
- Birding Resources: Cairns largest range of tours, guides, wildlife activities.
- Onsite Visitor Information Centre: Open to the public and all birdwatchers.
- Knowledge: Drop in for free maps, birding guides, birdlists & tour bookings.
Birds & wildlife regularly seen on the property
|Sulphur-crested Cockatoo||Metallic Starling||Agile Wallaby|
|Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo||Rainbow Bee-eater||White-lipped Green Tree-frog|
|Laughing Kookaburra||Peaceful Dove||Goanna|
|Olive-backed Sunbird||Pied Imperial-pigeon||Geckos|
|Bush Stone-curlew||Welcome Swallow||Skinks|
|Australian Brush-turkey||Straw-necked Ibis||Ulysses Butterfly|
|Rainbow Lorikeet||Magpie Lark||Cairns Birdwing Butterfly|
|Hornbill Friarbird||Willie Wagtail||Bandicoot|
|Papuan Frogmouth||Black Kite||Dwarf Tree Frog|
|Black Butcherbird||Pacific Golden Plover||Flying Foxes|
(Click on images to view a slideshow of larger versions)